A few friends asked me for hints on what I want for Christmas. A few asked my husband for ideas who in turn asks me. So I thought I will put a list together. If you see this, good for you. If you don’t see this, good for you too!
1. A jade bangle (done)
2. A pair of dumbells (done)
3. A skipping rope (done)
4. A earring tree (done)
5. Macbook Air 11″ (done)
6. CD by Joseph McElderry (done)
7. New clothes that fit me (done)
8. Book: Travel Photography by Insight Guides
9. 2in1 book: Tale of Two Cities and Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (Oprah book club)
10. Any travel book including travelogues but not Eat, Pray, Love as someone already gifted that to me
11. Any music CD except Michael Buble and Josh Groban – I have most of their CDs already…
12. Cookbooks for healthy, easy to cook meals
13. Anything that is handmade
14. Anything that reminds you of me
15. A call to say hello
For completeness, what not to get for me:
1. Food of all kinds (unless you are cooking!)
2. Clothes (I really need to try them cos I may not be the same size you remember me)
3. Shoes (I will wait till I have my own place again or else I would have to sleep with them in bed)
Or how about, surprise me??
Enjoy this beautiful time. The get-togethers, the laughter, the shopping, the quiet reflections of the past year. I count my blessings that I receive gifts every single day, though sometimes I don’t even realise it. I am grateful for all the old friendships that grew, new friendships forged. I am immensely thankful for being alive and kicking, for being healthy, for being happy, for the peace of mind, for many a good night’s sleep; for the presence of mind and spirit to enjoy the people and things in my life, and not rue what I have missed or wished I had. For the people I get to miss and those who miss me.
This year is no better or worse than the yester years. It is what it is, and it is what it is not. This is my life and I intend to celebrate it with gratitude and humility. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year to all of you who read this.
Love, Joanne Sofia